by Matt Fox
Medical Conditions That Ought To Be Bands:
1. Toxic Megacolon: the most metal of all intestinal complications.
2. Fifths Disease: medicine’s 90’s alt-rock band.
3. The Shingles: just another Indie disease with “The” in front of it.
4. Syndrome X: tonight at MarBar 12-2, spinning your favorite European house!
5. Thrush: a disease you only get when you’re drunk in a dive bar.
Bands That Ought To Be Medical Conditions:
1. Latin Fever: not as sexy as it sounds, what with all the diarrhea.
2. Primus: acute drug-fueled mania with delusions of bass.
3. Spearhead: unfortunate birth defect when mom smokes too much pot.
4. Millencolin: paradoxical head injury; usually from Doc Martin contact.
5. Black Ty: chronic hip-hop that ultimately results in an amputation.