Juliette Palermo presents “Ten Things I Learned in Office Hours,” alternatively titled the “Ten Commandments of Academics”
- The midterm that I thought was next week, is actually tomorrow.
- “I’m looking for tenured teaching positions in other universities.”
- I read the wrong chapter…in the wrong textbook.
- “It’s on the syllabus.”
- I should come to lecture more often.
- It is too late to drop the class, but it is not too late to withdraw from the class. But I still don’t know what “withdraw” means.
- I should use Khan Academy.
- Office hours are basically networking, but only if you’re delusional, and too lazy for networking.
- If I get an A+ on my next three exams, I won’t be in danger of failing the class.
- I should “come to more office hours.”